When Your Eyebrows Have Eyebrows

Hi there, Friends!

I know the holidays keep everyone very busy, and I am definitely no exception.....In fact, I have never been more busy from October through New Year's than I was this year.  Life felt crazy!  My schedule was completely filled, I forgot that Christmas presents have to be bought, and I think I may have skipped more than a few meals....thankfully the way my family eats on the actual holidays makes up in calories for any meals that had been skipped.  To top everything off, I got married this year....which means double the family to love....and being asked a million times when we are going to have kids and if I'm pregnant yet.....I'm not. Just to clarify for everyone.




Thankfully, my husband and I both got some time off over the holidays and when I would like to have thought I would get caught up on tidying the house, actually cooking a decent meal, etc....I just ended up sleeping more than I have in months, and doing next to nothing for a few days...It was one of the best decisions ever.

Now, life is slowing down, sleep has been gotten more regularly, and I have started to tackle all of the life things that got put on hold for the last couple of months. My musings are something like this.....

- If I have this much kitchen cleaner in this bottle, has it really been that long since I have been cleaning regularly?  Or have I just not been cooking?  If that's the case then where do all of these dirty dishes been coming from...there have been an awful lot of those....or maybe we just haven't been cleaning the messes we make....ewww we are so gross......
-This buttermilk....when did I buy that again?  I wonder if it's safe to put in these biscuits...Oh well, it was sour to begin with, so what does it even matter?....I'll go ahead and use it.... 
- If my eyebrows have eyebrows...then it might be time for some grooming...were they like this for the pictures that we had taken for our Christmas card?  The Christmas card that was about to go out to everyone?  Phew I am glad I decided to go with New Year's cards instead...that would have been sooooo embarrassing....Note to self: call Jessica at Sanctuary Massage and Spa and get this eyebrow waxing taken care of......it's going to take more than tweezers.......
- Speaking of grooming...is that the same nail polish still on my toes from our wedding back in July?  Oh that needs taken care of too....do I have nail polish remover? Yes, I do....where?....Oh!  That's right.  I just haven't unpacked it yet....goodness, we've lived here for six months...I should really start working on this more diligently... 
-Oh boy!  Birthdays are coming up!  Do I have birthday wrapping paper?  Christmas paper is everywhere...okay a gift bag it is...or better yet, I'll just have amazon wrap it for me!  Boom!  Winning at something feels great!
-Wow!  There is so much laundry to do...how have we not run out of clothes?  What have we been wearing?  Have we been re-wearing dirty clothes?  ewwww Or maybe we just have way too many clothes and didn't even realize the laundry situation existed....oh my...I need to take care of that....Note to self: go through clothes with husband and then make a donation to the Goodwill up the street...
Has anyone else had this kind of a season?  My 2018 was absolutely crazy...but it was our crazy...and it was some kind of wonderful!  I know having my husband on this ride has been my favorite thing.  God blessed me with the perfect man for me.  This is the first I have been able to sit down and write since Christmas, and he is right by my side.


I hope everyone had a happy Christmas and were blessed beyond imagination this last year!  I am so grateful to everyone that poured into our lives so graciously through all of the changes we went through!

Happy pilgrimming everyone!

Love,

Destiny

Comments

Popular Posts