Desperation: It's what I want most!

Dear friends, 

What do you think our lives would look like if we lived in complete and total desperation for the Lord? What if the biggest question we had was, "Jesus, how can I serve in every detail of my day today?"  Just imagine it for a moment for me...for living like this is one of the greatest desires of my heart! 


So what is desperation...


Desperation: Is when you can't seem to spend enough time recklessly pursuing a rise from despair.  It's being obsessed with doing anything to get what you want or need.  That's the dictionary definition...but practically it can be as simple as just not getting enough of reading the letter from the Love of your life!  I pray that God may fill me with this desire...that the more I learn about Him the more I hunger to know!...And that the more time I spend with Him, the more I yearn to never leave our time alone together. This is desperation...and that is what I want to have most!

What kind of behavior do I think this kind of desperation may inspire?  Here's what the desire of my heart would look like....When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I want to think about is Jesus!  And the last thing I want to think about before I fall asleep is Jesus! I want to constantly have Him on my mind as I go throughout my day, thinking my prayers to Him, and listening to His still, small voice. I want to serve Him in everything that I do from saying what He would have me say to the people I encounter, to keeping a clean and clutter free home to have guests feel welcomed into. 

My friends, I want to challenge you to  make it goal this year of 2016 to ask this one simple question every morning: "Lord, what do you have for me to do today?"  Ask Him for a mission, ask Him to speak to you and lead you throughout your day.  Step outside of that comfort zone we've grown far too comfortable in and just do it! Even if it seems crazy!

My friends, I am beyond excited to see what God is going to do in my life!  May He move in incredible and miraculous ways in yours too!

Happy pilgrimming!

Destiny

Comments

Popular Posts