RECIPE: Chopped Kale Salad

Hey there friends!

Do you remember when Chick-Fil-A came out with their Chopped Kale Broccolini Superfood Side?  They now have another chopped kale side instead, but I remember trying to make that Superfood side at home for the longest time.  I struggled to get the perfect savory/sweet blend just right...and they don't seem to sell the right dressing pre-made either...

Then it happened one day...almost on accident...long after I had given up...I was just trying to use up some kale in my fridge and needed something quick for lunch.  If you loved the flavor as much as I did of CFA's Superfood Side, here is the recipe...minus the broccolini!


Chopped Kale Salad

Gluten Free, Dairy Free
Prep time: 5- 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
Makes: 4 servings

Ingredients:


Dry Ingredients:
4 cups chopped kale

Wet Ingredients:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon GF soy sauce or coconut aminos
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Mix-Ins:
1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
1/4 cup chopped pecans or slivered almonds

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Chop kale to desirable size and place in a large mixing bowl. I use my ninja blender on pulse for this task. 
  2. Drizzle olive oil, maple syrup, GF soy sauce/coconut aminos, and sesame oil over the chopped kale and stir.
  3. Add dried cherries/cranberries and nuts at the time of serving
  4. Note: this salad tends to get soggy after the second day, so it is best to make the same day that you are going to eat it. 
Enjoy!


Happy Pilgrimming

Destiny








Comments

Popular Posts