Taking Time to Breathe

Dear Friends,

I've been learning a lesson over the past couple months.... I am so extremely far from having it mastered but I'm doing better...well at least I'm trying to do better.  And I thought I would share with you just a little bit, because, honestly I'd love your feedback of suggestions. 

So one of the things I've realized lately is there are moments in life where you just know that your schedule is slam packed.  However, you don't always feel the impact because it's what you are used to!  Being busy is just what you do...it's who you are!  In fact if you take time off you might not even know what to do with yourself. 

There's a beauty in being busy.  Time feels it has a higher value!  Literally every second is seen as a resource to invest in the mission of your choice. It makes your life feel purposeful and important.  And....you're probably NEVER bored...like ever.  But, you know, one little detail that I leave out is...
 


Taking time to breathe...This is literally one of my biggest struggles.  Fitting in pleasure is just hard when you're constantly thinking of all of the things that need to be done!  Plus, you probably really enjoy most of the work you fill your life with.  But stepping back and allowing yourself to unwind is actually one of the most important tasks you can give yourself.  And I mean task...it's that vital! 

If you aren't taking a step back, you're eventually going to run out of steam, crash, lose your focus, and impede forward momentum in general.  Then where are you left?  Losing productivity is never the plan, but if you don't give yourself time to rest, your body will naturally do it for you...through shutting down.  Because none of us can keep up full throttle 24/7.  You need to time to refresh yourself  in order to continue doing what you love!  So take a break occasionally to renew you physically, refresh your prospective, and to let your mind rest. 

If you are like me, actually write it down on your to do list.  Otherwise...It won't happen
You know... 
  • Empty dishwasher
  • Email goals report
  • Write meeting agenda
  • Vacuum
  • Laundry
  • Clean Bathroom
  • Write a blog post
  • COFFEE BREAK (or go for a walk, call a friend.  Just do whatever helps you to UNWIND)

 
And, again if you're at all like me, go as far as to write into your schedule to take a day off. 
  • Take a hike
  • Climb a mountain
  • Have a picnic
 
Taking time to breathe is a task I am going to be giving myself.  I want to achieve this balance in life, because I want to be the most effective person I can be. 
 
So hears to productivity, guys!
 
Happy Pilgrimming!
 
Destiny

P.S.  If anyone has any tips on what has helped you or any comments in general, I'd love to hear from you!  Just  shoot me a comment below!  

Comments

Popular Posts