Natural Oven Cleaner

Hello friends,

I have been baking since my mom had my hands in the dough at 4 years old.  Of course it was with supervision and mom doing most of the work until I was old enough to handle it myself.....but I have always loved it.  That being said, I kick myself hard when I have a baking incident......and even harder when it SPILLS OVER IN THE OVEN.  Because the following ensues.......

It then bakes to the surface of the bottom of the oven...
Smoke pours into the house....
I'm flipping on fans....
Thanking God that the smoke detector is not in the kitchen......
Anybody else feel me?  

I am sure that many of you can also relate to the strong desire to not use all of the chemicals in the world to try and get the spill out of the oven.  This is where today's adventure led me....



Vinegar & Baking Soda:

Simple easy and done....just like that.

  1. First pour vinegar into an empty spray bottle
  2. Thoroughly spray down the inside of your oven.  
  3. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, and then sprinkle the spills with baking soda
  4. Proceed to douse with vinegar again and let the magic happen.
  5. Using a spatula, you should then be able to scrape up spills with ease. 
  6. Wipe it all down and then you are DONE
These are items that I have in my kitchen or laundry room at all times and are incredibly versatile....

They get stains out of your counters...
They get rid of odor...
They kill mold...
They are an egg replacement...(Not kidding.  I have the best chocolate cupcake recipe in the world that uses them in that capacity)...
...And so much more!!!
 Not everything has to be complicated.  Sometimes the most simple things in life are the most effective!  Embrace the simple.  And using good old elbow grease....


Happy Pilgrimming!

Destiny

P.S.:  Now let's take a moment to appreciate my little writing buddy for the day:

Noir


Comments

Popular Posts