The Greens Smoothie That Actually Tastes Great

Hi Friends,

Today my husband and I are trying out a little cleanse and I think we might actually enjoy this one!  So many times these cleanses will feel like a punishment; when our goal is to achieve a healthier state.  I started with a greens smoothie and it was absolutely everything!  It wasn't bitter and my rather picky husband drank it to the lost drop....and enjoyed it.

Here is the recipe if you'd like to join us on this part of the journey...

The Greens Smoothie That Actually Tastes Great:

Ingredients:
1 frozen banana
1 cup whole strawberries - de-stemmed 
8 oz. almond milk 
4 oz. pineapple juice
1 dash of pure maple syrup 
2 cups roughly chopped kale
1 cup spinach

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Prepare your produce by washing and doing necessary chopping
  2. Layer all ingredients in your blender
  3. Then blend on high until kale bits are obliterated.
Enjoy!  

Note:  I particularly emphasize the necessity to blend the smoothie as long as necessary to avoid having to chew.  



I am pretty sure I am not the only one that drinks ONE greens smoothie and feels like a total boss that can conquer anything.  One sip and I am hearing the Popeye cartoon theme song....

Now if you will excuse me, I am going to go harness these green queen vibes and take them to the gym while I feel like I am making healthy decisions.  It is an everyday effort that you think will get easier, but there are just so many spy shows out there to be watched....Also laundry, cleaning....you know......regular life alone that can be a distraction too to my health goals.  

Happy pilgrimming, friends!  It's a beautiful world out there to voyage!  It is full of wonderful people to bless!  Go be intentionally kind.  Conquer a workout goal.  Dream a little and don't give it up this time.  Make time to adventure.  You are absolutely amazing and able to do what you set your mind to.

Have a beautiful day!

Destiny

Comments

Popular Posts