Well...I've been tagged

Dear Blog Readers,

Surprise!  I know I haven't posted in a while....okay, a looong while... but you see my dear friend, Morgan, found a way to give me the incentive to finally write a post.....She tagged me in the Sunflower Blogger Award. 


I've never been tagged before, but I think I can figure this out...I mean it's all random, and I'm good at that!  Very!  So here it goes.....

11 Random Facts About Me:

  1. I am not 30...Yeah...Just wanted to clarify that..... 
  2. Just because I wear a ring on my third finger on my left hand does not mean that I am married or engaged.  Truth is, it's my purity ring and my dad placed it there in such a sweet and special way that I kept it there.  There's such a sweet story behind my ring, but there's no room for it here.  If you'd like to read it, let me know in the comments!
  3. There are 8 years separating me and my little brother.  I feel really bad sometimes when I think about how he's still just a kid in middle school and I'm trying to be a grown up with high heels and an office job.
  4. I love to bake!  Cookies, cakes, muffins, etc!  To me, it's such a practical way to express my creativity and at the same time bless my family and sometimes others too with tasty and healthy treats!  Blessing and a curse to this:  we have a gas oven.  Which is incredible for baking everything so evenly and leaving cakes nice and moist, plus no more preheating!  You can stick your item right in!  However, it vents right into the kitchen, making the whole house very hot when you don't have air conditioning.  So summer is a "NO BAKING ALLOWED" time for me.  :(
  5. I was in the Civil Air Patrol (the Official United States Air Force Auxiliary) for 6 years.  It was a great program that offered me so many amazing opportunities I would have never had otherwise.  I used to be one of the most timid girl, and CAP helped train me that I can do ANYTHING if I put my mind to it, gave me a huge boost in my confidence, showed me just how much you can accomplish with teamwork, and taught me how to be a good leader (and not a boss)!  It helped make me the person I am today!
  6. I really hate politics...But I love doing all I can to BE the CHANGE I wish to see in our culture!  We are in a time in America where we HAVE to take an active role in what's happening in our country!  Excuse the language, but if we stick our heads in the sand, our behinds are still in the air!  I love my country so much and am so inspired be our very GODLY heritage!  I want to make a difference, and I want to see our nation restored!  So....I'm doomed to being involved in politics...Kind of funny when I think about it!
  7. I love to dance.  I took dance lessons for over ten years, paid for my own classes by working as a dance teacher's assistant towards the end of my privileged time of lessons, was a choreographer for quite a few musical numbers in a couple of plays, and even taught my own dance class titled "Praising with Soles" (it was a class geared toward teaching young girls how to praise the Heavenly Father through dance.)  When I dance, I feel so free!  Often, I get the urge to go find a large room in an empty dance studio and just dance like others get the urge to go for a run or yearn to go the gym.  And it can be just as aerobic and challenging as any other workout, so don't judge.
  8. I used to custom design jewelry.  I so enjoyed making something with my hands to give as gifts or sell to clients then write the back story of each piece on my business website.  You can find that at www.adorningamerica.blogspot.com  if you're curious to see what used to do!  :)
  9. I'm only to random fact #9. This is much harder than I thought it would be!  An amazing French-pressed brew of coffee deserves to be drunk unadulterated and from a handmade clay mug!  It just does.  Just saying!
  10. One of my favorite colours is red!  
  11. Finally, 11!  I actually really love to clean the house!  Can't even explain that one actually.....    

Morgan's 11 Questions to Me and My Answers:

1.What is your favorite kind of tree?

White birch trees!  There is something so enchanting about their smooth white trunks with or without the beautiful contrasting green leaves.  They are such a lovely tree in every season!  I love blue spruces and Japanese maples as well though.

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee or neither? 

Oh!  Definitely coffee!  I brew it strong and drink it straight from the pot.  No cream.  No sugar.  But I do love tea as well, and love brewing loose leaf teas. 

3.What is your favorite social media site? 

I really wasn't even on any social media site until my last job required me to be so.  I was seriously behind the times and hit a huge learning curb when I recently signed up for all of these earlier this year.  It's a totally different world with an entirely different language.  Probably Facebook for it was the easiest to catch on to, and it's a genius way of free advertising.  But so is Twitter....

4.What is the last sentence you wrote in a story?

I'm not really a writer.  And definitely not one of  fiction or short stories.  So, I had to go back to my some of my required short stories from high school and find a last sentence.

"It continues to prove that simply printing more money leads to money devaluation and never fixes any problem with the economy."
 I warned you.  Not a writer over here!  Even my fiction reads like non-fiction

5.Who is your favorite historical figure and why?

 Can I choose Jesus?  I can't think of anyone who has had more influence on my life or even history for that matter!  Even atheists study Him!

But if not.  I totally pick Thomas Jefferson!  He was one the youngest of our Founding Fathers yet possessed such wisdom and skill with words!  I quote him all the time!  And even though he was a deist, he still got up before the crack of dawn to study God's Word!  He is such an inspirational piece in our history!

6.What is your biggest pet peeve?

I don't want to offend anyone.  But, matchmakers!  I'm sorry, but they can be annoying at times.  I know they mean well and just love me so much that they want to see me happily married.  But I really am perfectly content in my singleness!      

7.What’s your favorite dessert? 

Can I go ahead and sound cliche`?  Probably brownies with a cup of coffee!
 

8.If you could live in any time period (past, present, or future) what would you choose? 

Ok, as much as I would have loved to have lived in the 1940's, I would have to say I'd pick the present!  God put me here and now for a purpose and I would hate to miss out whatever amazing life and all the missions He has ahead for me!  The way I see it, I'm not a story from long ago, nor am I an imaginary image of the future, I have the power to BE the CHANGE and make tomorrow's history!  So, I can learn so much from the past, live in the present with all that I am, and be an influence on the future!  

9.What is your favorite book to re-read (besides the Bible)

Oh, did you have to ask?  I like to go back and read my favorite parts of many books!  And for the same reason I don't sneak peek at the ending, I usually don't re-read entire books.  Ruins all the suspense!      

10.What genre do you read most? 

I'm reading a lot of history books at the time.  Sometimes I sneak a historical fiction in there for fun!

11.What is the best movie you have ever watched?

Let's see.....the best one? I loved the Avengers , The Winter Soldier, Les Miserables, God's Not Dead, and if you can count documentaries Monumental and America!  So many great political analogies in all of those movies!  But there's been so many great ones come out lately!  It's so hard to list just one.  
 I'm suppose to tag more bloggers and then post 11 more questions for them, but I will add that later.

Well, there it is!   I hope my random babbling didn't drive you crazy, but then again it is a random's tag.

Happy Pilgrimming!

Destiny

Comments

Popular Posts